In October 1965 a well-known Beaver County lawyer, Effie Solomon, passed away. To honor her memory her family established the Effie M. Solomon Memorial Scholarship to aid other Beaver County women who are training to be lawyers. In 1984 the Beaver Valley Branch began awarding this scholarship to deserving Beaver County women.
- Resident of Western Pennsylvania (with preference to Beaver County Residents)
- Enrolled in accredited law school (applicants who have completed one year of law school in good standing shall be given preference.)
- Letter of inquiry
- Submission of completed application
- Three letters of reference with at least two from law school
- Transcript of grades
- Interview by Scholarship Committee