is formed “To supplement law school tuition of young women, selected by the Branch, who are of good character and shows signs of stability and sincerity.” Lillian Solomon
In October 1965 a well-known Beaver County lawyer, Effie Solomon, passed away. To honor her memory her family established the Effie M. Solomon Memorial Scholarship to aid other Western PA women who are training to be lawyers. In 1984 the Beaver Valley Branch began awarding this scholarship to deserving women.
- Resident of Western Pennsylvania
- Enrolled in accredited law school (applicants who have completed one year of law school in good standing shall be given preference.)
- Submission of completed application which includes a 200 word essay on the candidate’s plans on impacting women’s issues through the AAUW mission statement . . .
“AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy,
- Transcript of grades (list of awards and volunteerism if applicable)
- Interview by Scholarship Committee